We are with ourselves 24 hours, seven days a week. It only makes sense that we should treat ourselves with compassion and respect. However, some days are harder than others, and on those days we need some extra love.
Here is a list on 10 things you can do to make your rough days a little better:
- Soak in a bubble bath. Surround yourself with the fragrance of your favorite soap or bath bomb, relax, and let the day’s worries wash off of you.
- Read a book that resonates with your current mentality. Or simply read a book that brings you joy.
- Listen to inspiring music. Music can do wonders in changing our mood. Listen to something that makes you feel good about yourself and the world around you.
- Go outside. Observe the sunset, take a walk through a park, discover the flowers in your area. Observing nature always makes me feel like in a world so big, my problems are rather insignificant.
- Swim in a pool, quarry, ocean, etc. There are few things that feel more freeing than effortlessly floating in water.
- Think about all that you have to be grateful for. Replace your worries with appreciation.
- Create something. Make a little sketch, paint, write a poem, etc. Realize that your creations do not always need to be perfect to serve as self-expression.
- Surround yourself with your favorite scents. Light a candle or use essential oils to uplift you.
- Watch something that makes you laugh. Pay all of your attention to the comedy and don’t let yourself be distracted by other technologies or your worries.
- Move your body. Stretch, try yoga, or go for a run. Movement not only helps us feel free, but it also releases endorphins which can make our brain a little happier.
Try one (or more) of these the next time you’re feeling down. Such a simple task can drastically improve your mood, and you deserve that.
Have a wonderful night!
– Hannah @ Habitesque