With finals coming up, chances are: you’re stressed out.
So, here’s a list of quick ways to make you a little happier and more relaxed:
- Exercise! Even if it’s just for ten minutes, exercise releases endorphins and can make you feel more optimistic.
- Take your vitamins. With all of the studying you have to do, you may not have time to prepare balanced meals. However, vitamin deficiencies are known to lower your mood. Vitamin D, vitamin B-complex, and magnesium are the vitamins that are highly linked to mental health. Other vitamins include: folate, iron, and zinc.
- Supplemental vitamins. St. John’s Wort and 5HTP are both known to increase your mood and decrease anxiety.
- Get enough sleep! You know how toddlers get cranky and moody when they are tired? We haven’t grown out of that as adults. You also need a good amount of sleep (suggested: 8 hours) for your brain to function properly and be able to memorize all of the information you’re putting into your head.
- Sniff some essential oils. Essential oils with citrus scents – lemon, oranges – are known to energize you, which could help when you’re about to nod off during your studies. Essential oils like lavender, bergamot, rosemary, peppermint, jasmine, and ylang ylang can all help you relax!
Take time to reward yourself and do something fun!! Our brains thrive on a reward system, so go take a bath with that new bath bomb you’ve been so excited about, paint your nails, make a yummy smoothie for yourself, buy a new outfit that you’ve been thinking about, watch a movie, or hang out with friends for a little bit.
- The most important: Do not cram right before your exams! Take some time throughout the week (or weeks) before your exams. Information taken in in little amounts are known to stick to your memory much easier than trying to learn everything the day before an exam.
Good luck with finals! Try to stay happy, and may you get the grades you wish for!
Thanks for reading,
Hannah @ Habitesque